The Ultimate Intuitive Eating and Body Image Resource Guide
Below are my favorite resources (podcasts, people to follow, videos, articles, studies, and books) to get you started on your Intuitive Eating and body image healing journey to finally ditch the diets for good!
Whether you are…
- curious about Intuitive Eating, Health at Every Size®, and the idea of “wellness without obsession” but not sure where to start
- on your own food and body image healing journey and need some extra resources to support you
- or far along in your journey but just need a little pick me up
Then you’re in the right place! This is by NO means an exhaustive list and i’m sure I’ve left many amazing resources out, so feel free to comment below anything you’d like to share!
Intuitive Eating and Body Image Books
Posts (Articles) on Intuitive Eating and Body Image
The 10 Principles of Intuitive Eating and How They Can Work for You
How to Respond to Food and Body Comments
Weight Science: Evaluating the Evidence for a Paradigm Shift by Lindo Bacon and Lucy Aphramor
The Bizzarre and Racist History of the BMI by Your Fat Friend
Why I will Never Refer to Someone as “Overweight” or “Obese” Again by Kristina Bruce, Health Coach
But I Don’t Want to Accept this Body… A shoe story by Dietitian Anna
You Don’t Have to Love Your Body by Ijeoma Oluo
Why I’ve Chosen Body Liberation Over Body Love by Jes Baker
How to Feel Normal When the World Says You’re Too Big by Virgie Tovar
Body acceptance begins with grieving the thin ideal by Meredith Noble
Behind the Before and After: Intuitive Eating and Body Image Documentary
Intuitive Eating and Body Image Podcasts
Learn all about the Intuitive Eating Essentials on episode 157 of by the Body Love Society Podcast
The Intuitive Bites Podcast with fellow non-diet dietitian Kirsten Ackerman has a great episode on Healing Your Relationship with Exercise, episode 84.
Food Psych by Christy Harrison: a weekly show dedicated to helping you make peace with food and break free from diet culture.
- I recommend episode 127 Intuitive Eating and Health at Every Size FAQ’s and episode 106 How to Stop Pursuing Weight Loss with Ijeoma Oluo.
Nutrition Matters by Paige Smathers: a podcast exploring the Positive Nutrition® approach to health.
- Episode 177 What to Do if You’re Afraid of Food, episode 175 Exploring what Healthy Really Means and Reclaiming it For Good, and episode 178 Rest, Play, Humour and our Health
Love Food by Julie Duffy Dillon: a weekly podcast series for those with a complicated relationship with Food hoping to rewrite their fate.
- Episode 86 Intuitive eating never works for me with Evelyn Tribole and Episode 174 How do I challenge diet talk? And Episode 154 How do I stop wanting to lose weight?
Food Heaven with Wendy Lopez and Jessica Jones: If you’re looking for a sustainable and inclusive path to wellness, hang out with Wendy and Jess every Wednesday to learn how to take care of yourself from the inside out.
- Can you practice Intuitive Eating and want to lose weight? And The racial origins of fat phobia with Sabrina Strings
Going Beyond the Food with Stephanie Dodier
- Episode 199 Good or Bad Food: Healthy Versus Unhealthy Food? And episode 208 Health Beyond Diet and Weight Loss.
More Than What You Eat with Rachel Goodman: a podcast dedicated to helping women ditch the diet, heal their relationship with food, foster a positive body image, and nourish their body with trust.
- Episode 42 How to Handle Diet Talk, episode 19 The Impact Body Image & Nutrition Have on Physical Activity, and episode 24 How to Get Through Bad Body Image Days.
Body Image with Bri: a podcast aimed to help you learn how to love the body you’re in right now.
How to Love Your Body (and other difficult things) with the Body Love Society.
- Episode 077 But I don’t want to gain weight/still want to lose weight and episode 097 What to do on a bad body image day
Dietitians Unplugged: exploring health and wellness from a new perspective
- Episode 66 Embracing Imperfect Eating and episode 68 Cults and Diet Culture
Poodle science: an eye opening under 3 minute video on size diversity
People to follow on Instagram: